CLICK HERE to view a photo album from my kayak/hike in the Mann Gulch area in November of 2016. The album includes several good photos of Mann Gulch.
There are several books, videos, and even some music related to the Mann Gulch tragedy. All of these can be ordered using the Amazon.com icon at the bottom of this page. In fact, you can help support this web site by using that icon to place an order . . . Thanks, Rod Benson
2. Another video called "Escape: Fire in Mann Gulch" (produced for The History Channel, 45 minutes) is also available through Amazon.com. .
Books . . .
2. "A River Runs Through It" by Norman Maclean
3. "Fire on the Mountain: True Story of the South Canyon Fire" by John N. MacLean (Norman's son)
4. "Hiking Montana" by Bill and Russ Schneider; a "must have" if you're planning a trip to Montana
5. "Northwest Exposures": A Geologic Story of the Northwest; one of my favorites
6. "Roadside Geology of Montana (or your state)"
7. "Original Journals of the Lewis and Clark Expedition" . . . click on "books", type in "original journals", and then click "go"
Music . . .
|Montana Earth Science Pictures|
|Crown Butte Virtual Field Trip|